I love seeing people come together and support each other, so I just have to keep this going. I was recently nominated by another blogger for the Sunshine Blogger Award. In my opinion, it's an award given to those blogging while supporting other bloggers. Now that I've been nominated, I have to follow the rules, which include, answering some questions about myself and nominating others. So, let's get to it.
Shout out to Kiaya Olivia of kiayaolivia.com for nominating me. Kiaya is a brand new lifestyle blogger with content ranging from travel to being a mom. No matter what it is you're looking for, she's got something to share.
1. What inspired you to blog? - My college career counselor told me I needed to in order to keep my writing skills strong. Initially I ignored her suggestion, thinking I had nothing to write about. Eventually, however, it came to me that after going through a period of severe depression I could encourage people to be themselves by openly and unapologetically being myself.
2. What is another hobby outside of writing? - Reading, singing, and dancing.
3. Where is your favorite place to go in your city? - That's a hard one...I really have no clue. Maybe I should find a place. Any suggestions Houston?
4. What does love mean to you? - To me, love is caring for someone or something beyond their flaws or any hardship. In the sense of relationships other than biological ones, love grows from friendship.
5. What does having passion for something mean to you? - Having passion for something means loving it. It means not wanting anything in return.
6. What is your safe space/ What makes you feel at peace? - Music.
7. How do you let loose? - I hit these streets. When I feel like I need to let go and have some fun, I go bar hopping or to a lounge.
These ladies were already nominated, but I want to share their blogs as well.
1. Jordan of Love Always JoJo
2. Jaz of Le Haute Jaz
I nominated these two ladies because their blogs apply to my life so accurately. Though I'm not able to read as often as I'd like to, I can always appreciate and use the content I do see.
1. Courtney of The B Werd
2. Raven of The Real Body Solution
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Sunshine Award and link back to their blog
2. Answer the questions set by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate other blogs and give them questions to answer
4. Notify your nominees via social media or by commenting on their blog
5. List the rules and display a Sunshine Award logo in your post
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. Why did you start?
3. If you cold go anywhere in the world right this minute, where would it be?
4. If you could pick anybody's brain about any subject, who would it be and what would the topic be?
5. Would you accept a spot as a cast member on a reality TV show?
6. What is one thing you want to do to bring women or people together for the sake of advancement in your city?
Let me know when you guys post so that I can read your answers.